PowerPoint Creative

View previous topicGo downView next topic
TimsSlideshowGames
Aspiring PPT Creator
Aspiring PPT Creator
https://slideshowgames.blogspot.com/

Bingo Master Board PLUS for LibreOffice

on Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:50 pm
PowerPoint is an awesome program and all, but let's face it: it's not free. As someone interested in making projects more accessible, I've been curious about LibreOffice Impress, a free open source alternative to PowerPoint. After all, it's got support of things like hyperlinks, trigger animations, and even macros with its own language. I wondered to myself, "how does LibreOffice Impress compare to PowerPoint?" "Is it possible to port whatever I made in PowerPoint into a completely free program?"

And so, I present to you my first ever LibreOffice project...

Released: October 15, 2017 (version 1.0)

Bingo Master Board PLUS for LibreOffice tries its best to port as many features as it can from its PowerPoint brethren. Although not everything could be ported due to limitations, it retains the core PLUS feature: the ability to randomly (and manually) draw Bingo balls.

Help a newb! If you check the macro source code, you'll notice it's very messy. That's because I'm unfamiliar with LibreOffice Basic and don't know how to do a lot of things. The documentation isn't as good as VBA either. If you're more experienced with LibreOffice Basic and know how to do things like detect the name of a clicked shape or change the text color of a shape, I can really use your help. You will be credited in a future release if your tips help me solve these problems.

And before you ask, I'm not done with PowerPoint. LibreOffice Impress has a LONG way to go before it can even compete with PowerPoint's features.

Screenshots:

Download Link: https://timtree.github.io/download/bingo-master-board-libre

Compatible with LibreOffice 5.4 or newer on Windows, macOS, and Linux. You'll need to enable macros for this to work, and instructions can be found within the slides.

If things look pixelated and ugly when you start the slide show, try enabling OpenGL rendering from Tools - Options - LibreOffice - View - Graphics Output.

Last edited by TimsSlideshowGames on Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:03 am; edited 1 time in total
rusnakcreative
Administrator
Administrator
https://www.rusnakcreative.com

Re: Bingo Master Board PLUS for LibreOffice

on Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:30 pm
I do have to say, I am jealous you're starting to work on other platforms. Nicely done! That was going to be one of my big projects was learning the open source programming language and redo the games to work with open office, or google slides. It  is a great idea to know what else is out there and how to work with it. I'll have to download libre office and check out what you've got!
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum