PowerPoint Creative

Go down
Chiffon
Aspiring PPT Creator
Aspiring PPT Creator

Hello from New York City

on Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:07 am
Hi everyone, my name is Siobhan, I'm an Australian living in New York City. 

I found my way to this forum as I'm in the process of setting up a TV studio inside a children's hospital where we will be playing live interactive games with patients, and I'm hoping to use PowerPoint to help me design these games as I'm relatively comfortable with technology but I'm not a coder. 

Looking forward to seeing what you guys are coming up with and hopefully get some help with my projects along the way! 

Cheers
johnr
Administrator
Administrator
http://www.powerpointgames.uk

Re: Hello from New York City

on Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:17 am
Hi Siobhan / Chiffon - you are most welcome!

Don't worry about not being a coder. Some members are superb vba coders but I'm not one of them!

It's great that you want to design games and we'll do our best to help you whenever you need us. Feel free to upload anything you produce for us to take a look and offer ideas on.

Co-incidentally I'm just about to provide a link to a game of Snap! (the card game) that I've just finished which might be good for kids.

I for one would be more than happy if you want to use any of my games you'll find here for the kids to play. Check my website link too for more games (not all of which will be suitable for children though). In fact, I think you could help educate us on games that do and don't work for children.

Welcome again and looking forward to you becoming an active member of this forum.

P.S. Look at the fourth PPC challenge, there's a definite Straya theme to it!
Chiffon
Aspiring PPT Creator
Aspiring PPT Creator

on Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:20 am
Awesome, thanks so much John!!!!
rusnakcreative
Administrator
Administrator
https://www.rusnakcreative.com

on Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:48 am
Welcome to the PPC community, Siobhan!

We are definitely interested and willing to help you out with your games! Feel free to use what you see here, or on my main site (RusnakCreative.com) Likewise, we would also love to see what you have worked on. Feel free to share your work in the respective threads.

As for coding, TimsSlideshowGames and I are fluent with VBA. I have a couple of tutorials posted here (with more to come.)
Chiffon
Aspiring PPT Creator
Aspiring PPT Creator

on Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:40 am
Awesome, thanks so much! Look forward to sharing what I come up with!
TimsSlideshowGames
Featured Creator
Featured Creator
https://slideshowgames.blogspot.com/

on Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:40 pm
Hello, Siobhan!

It's cool that you're using PowerPoint to play games with children's hospital patients. Sounds satisfying to entertain a bunch of people like that. Definitely feel free to use the game projects we made here, and I look forward to what game ideas you have to share with us in the future.
Chiffon
Aspiring PPT Creator
Aspiring PPT Creator

on Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:45 am
Awesome, thanks Tim! Smile
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum