PPT Master
PPT Master
Location : The World Of Whichever Game Engine I'm Developing At The Time
http://fbenson.webs.com

The JadeShop™: Eleventh Generation Edition - By JadeJohnson Games

on Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:30 pm

[url=https://servimg.com/view/19763530/61][/url]

BENCHMARK UPDATE!

Both the full (now 119MB) and compact (now 30.8MB) editions of the eleventh generation JadeShop application have finally gone way down in file size, thanks to our new in house policy suggested by both "JadeJohnson Records" and many of the users of our platform whom expressedly requested that it take up less storage space! 

From now on, we will feature only one original or cover song in our music updates, to keep our beloved service's filesize down to a minimum, and to ensure that our composers's music stays fresh for a very long time. 

The current in shop tune is a FamiTracker cover of "In Awe", by Holly Marie Miller (Hollyn); composed by JadeJohnson Records on Thursday November Thirtieth Of Twenty Seventeen.

Listen to the original song here.

You can download "The JadeShop: Eleventh Generation Edition™️" here!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o8zxz44kc5x7gp6/JadeShop.ppsx?raw=1

You can download "The JadeShop: Compact Edition™️" here!  You may notice an abnormally long wait whilst checking for updates; this should be fixed in the next Compact Edition update.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3jsmkwbv30pjzx6/TheJadeShopCompactEdition.ppsx?raw=1

You can download the original tenth generation variant of "the JadeShop™️" here, and you can even update to the new eleventh generation version from within the program itself!  However, there shall be no more native updates to this legacy software, so the filesize of this particular version is permanent, "from this day on, now and forever more".

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zs0t3nv9l9urvp4/JadeShop.ppsx?raw=1

What Is "The JadeShop™️"?

Originally created as part of the OS for my tenth generation, PowerPoint fueled, custom game console (The JadeJohnson TALE XG™️", this is a fully fledged game streaming service, completely designed in PowerPoint!

More games are added once they're created, and you can even play multiple games simultaneously!  All these games run in Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 or later, without visual basic! 

Third party developers may comment with a Dropbox link, title, and description; to have their games reviewed and hopefully added to the JadeShop listings.

JadeJohnson Games has a family friendly language policy.  No game can contain any swear words, not even those as "light" as the c word that means excrement, the d word that means condemn, and the h word that means the underworld.  For security purposes, Visual Basic is also prohibited in titles released to "The JadeShop™️".

For more information on our Policy, log into the eleventh generation edition of "The JadeShop™️", select the new four way "EXTRAS slash INFO slash MAIN slash CACHE" toggle button, and then switch it once more, to learn all about our approval and rating ProCess, as well as our service wide policy.

The "CACHE" option lets you download select titles to your PC instead of streaming them.  This list is filtered for Christians and other gamers of similar religions, to encourage "Jesus Like Gameplay To achieve 'Peaceable Wins'".  This "JadeJohnson Games UnGodly Activity Discouragement And Prevention Initiative™️" applies to all future first, second, and third party releases to "The JadeShop™️", and has been, is, and forever shall be the fundamental ethos of our ProDucts and services from Saturday November Eleventh Of Twenty Seventeen until the end of time.

As I like to say to my fans ("The Jaders"), "HAPPY JADING!"

Last edited by JadeJohnsonGames on Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:58 pm; edited 8 times in total
mibo
Aspiring PPT Creator
Aspiring PPT Creator

Re: The JadeShop™: Eleventh Generation Edition - By JadeJohnson Games

on Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:23 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Wow. you made so many games! 
I think JadeShop is a excellent system. because i saved my trouble of downloading files to play. 

and I found out 3 thing about you.
(1) Your are a very organized person!
(2) You are crazy for Ariana Grande!
JadeJohnsonGames
PPT Master
PPT Master

on Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:38 am
Thank you, Mibo!  I have two questions for you:

1. Which game is your favourite?

2. You said you found out three things about me, but I only noticed two, which are both correct.  What's the third one?

Fun fact: Did you know that before I changed my stagename from JayDee to Jade, the "JayShop™" (back then) used to look like THIS?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1mc4f7vhojfmx67/JayShop.ppsx?raw=1

Talk about MAJOR IMPROVEMENT since 2014, eh?

By the way, if you're wondering why the old "JayShop" music sounds so familiar, try THIS out for size! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8FL2crrVV4

Last edited by JadeJohnsonGames on Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
mibo
Aspiring PPT Creator
Aspiring PPT Creator

on Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:08 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
1. Michael Jackson's Moonwalker is very impressive. I really love that atmosphere, game method and BGM. It's like 8-bit video game. 

2. Oops! sorry it's just my mistake.
JadeJohnsonGames
PPT Master
PPT Master

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:21 pm
Thank you!  I'm glad you like it.  I am somewhat planning a MOONWALKER remake that should fix the BGM issues by moving it off of the main audio channel.  In fact, HECK, I have nothing to do today; I think I'll update it now! 

Very Happy
JadeJohnsonGames
PPT Master
PPT Master

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:17 pm
And, DONE!

I made it REALLY EASY for you TOO!  Just log back into the JadeShop and select the game, NO UPDATE REQUIRED!

Very Happy

"HAPPY JADING!™️"
TimsSlideshowGames
Aspiring PPT Creator
Aspiring PPT Creator
https://slideshowgames.blogspot.com/

on Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:58 am
Alright, let's talk about the JadeShop™️, JadeJohnsonGames' portal to streaming quite a  variety of PowerPoint games.

Wait, what? STREAM PowerPoint games??!!

Yup, it's real, folks. I never thought it was possible, especially without macros, but Jade here managed to make it a reality, and simply put, it just works.

You log in to the JadeShop by opening the ppsx file. From there, after it's done loading, you've made it to the store. Here, you can browse through all sorts of games. For each game, you get a description, a JGRS (JadeJohnson Games Rating System), and a nice chunk of screenshots. Wanna play the game? Just click on PLAY, and the game automatically downloads and appears on your screen. Remember, you're streaming the game, so it's only temporarily on your computer. The cool thing about streaming games is that the JadeShop is still running in the background, so after you're done playing, you'll find yourself right back at the store front ready to load another game!

One of the things I like about the JadeShop is the sounds and music. Jade has a talent for singing, and it shows throughout the store theme's 22-minute track. The Windows XP like sound effects when clicking on buttons were pleasant to hear too. You know the sounds are good when you find yourself clicking BACK and NEXT over and over again just to hear them!

UI wise, the store is easy to navigate. The buttons are huge and placed in just about the right places. Your mileage may vary about the flashing colors throughout the entire store. For me, I personally didn't mind that effect.

Now let's discuss what the JadeShop can improve on. To start, the file size is huge (over 100MB!), and it doesn't have to be that way. As I inspected the media and image files in the JadeShop, I noticed that by compressing all the images with a program like PNGGauntlet, the file size would be at least 30MB smaller. Also, some of the sound files, like the BACK and NEXT sounds, have multiple seconds of silence. By cropping that silence, it could save more megabytes. There's also a Compress Media function built into PowerPoint itself for even more megabyte savings. I hope that for a future version, Jade will consider these techniques so that downloading the JadeShop will be faster and consume less storage.

I'm also still confused about the JGRS. What do the letters stand for? And what do the descriptions underneath these letters, like "Ersatz Tissue Discharge," mean in practice? I am aware that Jade mentioned that the info is on the game JayBowl, but I still couldn't find the explanation I was looking for. For later releases, I recommend adding a dedicated slide about the JGRS to clear up any confusion about it.

Jade mentions that third party developers can submit games to be added to the JadeShop. If that's the case, I would additionally recommend adding a developer name section to each of the games. Also, I'm very confused about the "fake language" and "textual references to real language" rules imposed to developers. Why is it necessary for certain lyrics to be spoken in an ashamed inflection?

Oh, and one more suggestion: add an option for the user to DOWNLOAD instead of stream the game to their hard drive. What if someone plays a particular game often and doesn't want to consume bandwidth streaming it over and over again? Something to consider.

The JadeShop is a cool idea. Execution wise, it's partway there. If the file size is reduced and confusion about the rating system and developer policies is resolved, the JadeShop can be a great addition for browsing PowerPoint games.
JadeJohnsonGames
PPT Master
PPT Master

Re: "The JadeShop is a cool idea. Execution wise, it's partway there. ..."

on Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:53 am
I actually do already have a version with a smaller file size, but there is a physically discernable degradation to the quality of the in app screenshots, so I figured that I should just go all out and keep things as high res as possible for the public variant of the service. 

It's a different story for my private fanbase on Facebook though, a site on which all uploaded files besides photos and videos must remain under a hundred megs.  Said case being true though, there nevertheless IS an edition of The JadeShop that fits on Facebook.  And you were almost spot on with the 30mb reduction, because compressing the graphics down to 96ppi renders the whole app at about 74.5mb!  Great estimate!  I'm going to create a new dropbox server, and then I'll upload that to it so your vision can become a reality!

I really like your downloading idea, and it would take but a mere popup window to be triggered by clicking the play button, in which you would then be given the choice to either stream or download the title at hand.  Thank you for the amazing suggestion, and thanks to your ingenious idea, The JadeShop can finally get the eleventh generation upgrade it deserves!

As for the rating system, yes, I know it's flawed at the moment, but I plan to build a JGRS applet into the JadeShop that would be accessible by clicking on a title's rating.  I just need to figure out how to compress the five page explanation down to a few screens, and then we'll be set!

So long story short, your cons will one day no longer exist as such, and thank you for the wonderful feedback!  It's great writers like you whom should be awarded for their amazing talents!
JadeJohnsonGames
PPT Master
PPT Master

on Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:01 pm
Well, a few things have changed  .  .  .

I am still going to work the "JGRS" and "DEVELOPER POLICY" information into "The JadeShop™️", but because of the differences in browser functionality and accessibility between various devices and operating systems, I have decided to scratch the downloading feature, since it would make the experience inaccessible to blind and low vision users—there's no way to enable the in store screen reader in apps other than its own hosting one, and I want my store to be as accessible as possible; like, EVERYWHERE!

That being said, I am still releasing the "Info" applet (probably in 2018), and I shall also fix the "PLAY" buttons for each of the original titles from before the "UPDATE Button Update", so that my service will be fully accessible to both those with, and without, vision! 

Being almost completely sightless myself, I want to make life more fair for others like me and who have it even worse off than I do when it comes to eyesight.

Notice: The newest edition of The JadeShop™️ has been released, and it includes all the accessibility fixes that I originally promised would come much later.  Now, when paired with NVDA (for example), the service works perfectly for both the sighted and blind!  Plus, now, with the new eleventh generation upgrade, the rating system and developer policy have been added right inside the app itself!  They've also been reworded and reformatted, and because of thus, they're much easier to both read and comprehend!  "HAPPY JADING!"
TimsSlideshowGames
Aspiring PPT Creator
Aspiring PPT Creator
https://slideshowgames.blogspot.com/

on Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:02 pm
Ok, I finally understand how the JGRS system works, thanks to the new info slides. (Note to self: Ersatz Tissue Discharge means simulated blood).

I notice the majority of the games in the shop haven't been rated yet. Have you at least made sure there's no foul language in the unrated games?
JadeJohnsonGames
PPT Master
PPT Master

Re: Let's Talk About "The JadeShop"

on Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:27 pm
Don't worry, in order for any title to appear on "The JadeShop™️", it must first go through an approval ProCess, similar to, but often stricter than, that of The AppStore™️ on iOS™️ by Apple®️

If a game contains even a single obscenity, it shall be rejected and therefore shall not be released to the service.

I also released a new update today, that has removed every single one of the "cons" in your review list, for both the full and compact editions of the service.  So truly now, "HAPPY JADING!"
rusnakcreative
Administrator
Administrator
https://www.rusnakcreative.com

on Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:45 pm
Jade, where do you find the games or creators? Have you invited them to join PPC so they can share their work here, and explore other works not in your Jadeshop? It would be nice to see who's behind each of the games.
JadeJohnsonGames
PPT Master
PPT Master

on Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:26 pm
UhHehHehHehHehHehHeh?  Well, some of our more famous and talented third party developers personally requested to remain undisclosed, but most of the titles so far are first and second party, coming from JadeJohnson Games ourselves, or "Valonia Entertainment™️", "Auggia Games™️", and "Ricaurte Games™️", our second party branches and partners, whom provide us with many of our in game stories, art, and character models.

If you'd like to become a developer, you may upload a game of yours to Dropbox, and link us to it in a reply, so that we may rigourously test it for policy approval and accessibility to the vision and hearing impaired before deciding whether or not to allow it on our platform.

As for knowing who's behind some of our most popular first and second party titles, we actually plan to release some developer interview videos in the not so distant future, featuring some inside scoop on how we consensually put real people's likenesses into our games, as well as how we can manage to get such features as full motion video and non VBA editable text fields into PowerPoint of all things, how our voice actors and singers practice and prepare for their recording sessions, how we make those cell shaded models (like Pink or Green Ariana Grande) in nothing but stock PowerPoint, and how we've composed the soundtracks for our various games and console BIOS's slash emulators.
Sponsored content

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum